Dilled Butternut Squash Soup
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep20 min, Cook60 min
Servings8 (1 1/4 cups each)
Butternut squash is nutrient-rich and gives this soup a creamy and decadent texture, while staying healthy and . Pair it with a salad or roast chicken for a complete meal.
- 3½ pounds butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced scallion greens (only the greens are low-FODMAP)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoonchopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium, low-FODMAP chicken broth
- 1 cup lactose-free milk
- ½ cup lactose-free sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a baking sheet with a thin coating of oil.
- Slice squash in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Place the squash halves, sliced side down, on the baking sheet. Bake until fork-tender in the thickest parts of the squash, about 50 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove the skin with a sharp knife.
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil and sauté the scallions on medium-low heat until they wilt, about 7 minutes. Add dill, basil, salt and pepper, squash, broth, and milk. Stir briefly, cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Submerge a stick blender into the soup and puree it to the desired consistency. Or, allow the soup to cool to a safe temperature and transfer it in batches to a blender or food processor to puree. Serve warm or cool, topped with some extra dill and a dollop of sour cream.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Use 3 pounds of raw, prepped butternut squash instead of a whole squash. It should yield about 6 cups of cooked squash.
Equal parts broth can be used instead of lactose free milk to make the soup dairy free. Vice versa, for a creamier soup, more milk and less broth can be used.
No fresh herbs on hand? Omit the basil and use 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried dill.
Video: Butternut Squash Three Ways | Jamie & Gennaro | Realtime Recipes
Drunk online shopper mistakenly buys a pig, peacock, and salamander
How to Make Scrambled Eggs in a Microwave
New Pop at Emporio Armani Fall 2019 RTW Show
11 Parenting Styles, Explained
Arianna Huffington, James Altucher, and Gabrielle Bernstein Share Life Lessons They Learned the Hard Way
Jenny Packham FallWinter 2014-2015 Collection – New York Fashion Week
Unconditional support is the best thing you can offer
Men’s Hairstyles: The Dishevelled Look
Best Ways to Treat Gastritis
How to Buy Socks That Are Good for Your Feet
Womens Xscape Halter Neck Brocade Fit And Flare Party Dress