Gluten-Free Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Recipe
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 13g|
|Includes 9g Added Sugars||18%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep15 min, Cook240 min
Every home cook needs some reliable slow cooker ideas for busy weeknight dinners. This recipe uses flavorful chicken thighs, packed with heart-healthy polyunsaturated fats that help keep the meat tender with the long cooking time. The sweet and tangy sauce is speckled with vegetables and thickened with cornstarch instead of flour to keep it gluten free and .
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large package boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1.5 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup 100% apple juice
- 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- 1 green or red bell pepper (sliced)
- Place cornstarch and salt in a large resealable bag.
- Add chicken thighs, seal the bag, and shake to coat with cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a skillet or slow cooker with a browning function. Shake excess cornstarch from chicken and (in 2 batches) brown on both sides (it takes about 2 to 3 minutes per side).
- In slow cooker combine browned chicken, BBQ sauce, apple juice, onion, bell pepper; stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Shred meat with a fork before serving.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Use any kind of barbecue sauce you like, just check the label to make sure it’s a gluten-free variety. Trader Joe’s Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce is highly recommended.
If you're a fan of garlic, throw a few cloves of sliced garlic in the slow cooker along with the other ingredients.
Cooking and Serving Tips
Serve this chicken on gluten-free rolls or wrapped in gluten-free tortillas with a sprinkle of cheese. You can also serve in bowls spooned over cooked brown rice and topped with fresh sliced jalapenos.
Store leftovers in a container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Video: Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken | Slow Cooker Recipes | Allrecipes.com
How to Dye Hair Ash Brown
Get the Look: A Flawless Matte Face
How to Use All the Veggies in Your CSA without Going Crazy: Part 1
The Most Accurate Pedometers
Best Weight Loss Clinics In Hyderabad – Our Top 10 Picks
Affordable Festival Essentials
How to Harvest Sugarbag Honey From a Native Australian Beehive
33 Very Chic Ways to Decorate with TropicalWallpaper
Wedded bliss cuts stress for women
Easy Rangoli Designs with Happy New Year
Brown and White Bread Herb Stuffing
End-of-Life Care Discussions May Miss Patient Priorities
How To Ask For A Raise (And Get It)
HM Menswear: Summer 2014 Collection