How to Be a New York Mets Fan
Start watching Mets games.Pay attention to the whole game, don't drift in and out. Decide which player you like the most by watching the plays he makes on the field and his interviews after the game (their personality is important too!).
Learn about the Mets history (they won the World Series in 1969 and 1986, were created in 1962, etc) and research some team trivia.This can help you hold your own in conversations with even lifelong die-hards.
Buy a Mets jersey (or T-shirt if price is a concern) to show your team pride as you go about your day.
Get tickets to see the Mets at Citi Field, if you can manage to make the trip.Tickets can be purchased directly from the Mets online, at the stadium box office in person, or from a secondhand ticket seller such as StubHub.
- Getting to a game can be a great way to spend time with Mets fan friends you have, or to meet new friends who support the Mets!
Know the current team.Don't be the guy or girl that talks about their love for the Mets but doesn't know who David Wright is. Go to mets.com or a similar site, and look up the current roster. For the key players, know some crucial tidbits (name, position, basic stats) to help you hold your own in conversations about the team.
Watch or listen to as many games as possible, and always stay in the know team-wise so you can intelligently discuss the Mets with fellow Mets fans.
Get to as many games as possible.See the team whenever you can. If you live in the Eastern Seaboard of the United States, you may have the chance to relatively easily see the Mets in cities such as Philadelphia, Washington DC, Boston, and Baltimore. Take advantage of these opportunities if they come about.
Stay calm after Mets losses.Don't be the guy shouting on Twitter about how the Mets ABSOLUTELY MUST TRADE players x, y, and z after said players came up short. Be rational.
Promote the Mets every day.Put up Mets paraphernalia around the home and office. Throw some Mets items into your wardrobe (Mets jackets for the winter months can be purchased online and offer a stylish way to show your team pride year-round).
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Don't get discouraged by a losing season. Losing seasons make the eventual successes so much greater.
- Do not expect to win the World Series.
- Don't be discouraged by teams that may be more successful. Hold true to your Mets fandom.
- Consider keeping a blog about the team, or about your experiences as a Mets fan. It can be a good way to get your thoughts out, and an interesting thing to look back on in the future.
- StubHub and similar sites can be helpful in netting you discounted Mets tickets to both home and away games.
- New York Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies fans can be tough to deal with, especially when those two teams are more successful than the Mets. Battle through it.
- Allowing the team to consume your life is not recommended.
- Scalping tickets within a certain distance of most ballparks is illegal.
Video: New York Mets | 2018 Season Highlights
How to Be Like Tori Vega from Victorious
How to Deactivate 8E6 Mobile Client
Woman Receives Photos of Herself Watching Netflix After Webcam Was Hacked
Candace Cameron Bure Reveals Tragic Details About Her Battle With Bulimia
How to Glace Pineapple
How to Avoid Being Seen As Easy
Herbed Sausage Muffins
These 5 Halloween Makeup Looks Are Trending on Pinterest
Tag: hair oil
40 Ways to Make Black-and-White Work for You – Trendy outfit Ideas
The Benefits of Privilege: Being Rich and White Is Proof You Must Be Good
How to Choose All Natural Pet Food for Pomeranians
Grilled Chicken Kebabs
How to Make a Leaf Shaped Necklace
Date: 12.12.2018, 15:01 / Views: 73332