How to Be the Best Player on Your Basketball Team
Practice shooting lay-ups with your right and left hand on both sides of the basket.Then have someone foul you and try to make the lay-up. Keep doing that until you are decent at it. If you are at least at a modified basketball level practice reverse lay-ups.
Practice shooting 3–10 foot (0.9–3.0 m) shots until you are good, and can make 70-85% of your shots.When you get comfortable making close range jump shots back up and start shooting medium and long-range jump shots.
Have someone to pass the ball to practice catch and release shooting.
During a game, pass the ball if you don't see a lane to the basket, but if you see a lane do attack the basket, or dribble to the inside, then pass it out to an open person
Figure out what player you are.Do you like to drive to the basket or are you a shooter? Do what your comfortable doing but it will be better if you are an all-around player, meaning you can shoot, drive, pass, rebound, etc.
Practice on drills that will work with shooting and form.
Do not be nervous in games.Be confident, aggressive, determined, and have fun.
QuestionHow do I become the best basketball player in my city?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerWork the hardest. There's no magic to it. Just put It the work, never give up, ignore any hate and focus.Thanks!
QuestionHow to be the team captain?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAlways show -- whether to the coach or your teammates -- you can lead your team. Make sure the coach sees you're supportive to the struggling and har- working to the good players.Thanks!
QuestionI'm great at basketball, but I play nervously. What are some tips to help me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerWhat you need to do first is relax your body, because your body can't be all crunched up like a scared cat. Secondly you need to bring a bottle of water with you, so if you get nervous before you play, you can drink some water to calm you down. The last thing that you need to do is look at the other team and imagine them as your enemies and just think of what you want to do to them in basketball form.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I get it in the hoop every time?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerUse the back board if your you're doing a layup. Aim for one of the corners on the square on the back board. If you are doing a layup, aim for one of the sides of the hoop -- this will work most of the time; just remember to square up and to shoot properly.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I improve ball handling at home?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerKyoto Irving wrapped a ball in a plastic bag and dribbled with it for hand-eye coordination and to develop a feel for the basketball. Worth a try.Thanks!
QuestionI have a game coming this Monday and I got my teeth pulled (Wednesday) and I have to miss all of practice. What can I do to keep my skills up?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you don't have a hoop at home, shoot against a wall and it will bounce right back at you. Also work on dribbling and moving.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I learn to relax and have proper ball release when shooting?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerPractice. The more you shoot, the more comfortable you will get. Also ask for some advice on proper form from a coach, or look on YouTube. A great release to try and mimic is Klay Thompson of the Golden State Warriors. Do not try to mimic Steph Curry as his release is not natural.Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I do if I'm a post and the point guard never passes the ball to me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTalk to him about it, tell him to look for you more. Always make sure when you are open you call for the ball. Also make sure you make it obvious where you want the ball by sticking your hand out and things like that.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I stop the other team from intercepting the ball from me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou have to defend the ball. Use your left hand to use it as a shield. When your left hand is more dominant, use your right hand to defend the ball. If it's a more defensive player you are against, then you have to pass it.Thanks!
QuestionWhat kind of shooting drills?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGet basketball video games and play those to learn shooting strategies. You can also try YouTube and watch Stephan Curry's tricks and tips. Other than that, the usual practice makes perfect!Thanks!
What is the best type of basketball team to have for developmental growth of the players?
How do I become a better ball handler?
What is a good way to avoid defenders when you have the ball?
What can I do to have more confidence in my skills?
In basketball games, nobody passes the ball to me, even when I'm open. This makes me feel left out. What should I do to become better?
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Make sure you have good ball handling.
- Make sure you hold your follow through so your shot form is nice.
- Perfect your shooting form.
- Always react to your opponents moves and keep your hands up on defense.
- When you drive to the lane, go up strong.
- Before a game or practice, lightly stretch. If you do not stretch, you will regret it the next morning. If you stretch too much, you will be too loose.
- Spend 1 or 2 days each week to dribble the ball until the ball feels like part of your body extension.
- Keep shooting daily.
- Bend your legs when you go to shoot to give you more air!
- A great way to aim your shots is to make sure your middle finger ends pointing directly at the hoop after a shot.
- Remember, practice, practice, practice, it makes perfect. If you don't practice now, you will regret it when you get older.
- Don't just shoot everything; pass the ball sometimes.
- Box out all the time and go get the rebound.
- Improve your vertical jump using plyometrics.
- Try to bump the defender lightly, but not too lightly, or you will have messed up your lay up. Don't do it all the time, or else a referee may see him and it will be a charge.
- A great pre-game energy giver is honey, but make sure you have some well before a game (1-3 hours).
- Don't be a ball hog. Don't look just for your friends, make sure you see where everyone of your team is. Learn which players are best at what on the other team, and act on it. (For example, you might grab a teammate and double team their ball handler or their shooter, leaving a less important player open. Be careful when you do this, though!) Make sure you can shoot from anywhere. Run to build endurance.
- Always follow your coach's tips and advice.
- A great way to get more rebounds is to Box-Out. Once you've got them about 10 feet away from the basket, release your body and run hard and grab the rebound.
- To improve ball handling, Rotate by passing the ball from one hand to the other,
Around your knees , hips , and neck. Also practice the cross over daily.
Video: This Is How You Become The Best Player On Your Team Fast
How to Say Hello in Polish
Fashion Week hit for Stella
Adam Savage undercover as Chewbacca at New York Comic Con 2019
Everything We Thought We Knew About Massage Is Wrong
7 Of Our Fave Pinterest Hair Looks ForGraduation
How to Deal With a Recovered Addict
18 Reasons why bananas are good for your health
Destructively Fit Is Unmasking Exercise Disorders at the Gym
25 Best Rihanna Hairstyles
Easter Craft How-to: Egg Topiary
How to Learn to Keep Time When Reading Music and Playing a Musical Instrument
Easy rangoli designs for PongalSankranthi
Tomato Facepack Facemask Beauty Fair Skin In Hindi
Date: 06.12.2018, 15:02 / Views: 42343