How to build a house of foam blocks?
Watch the video
Choosing material for building a house, many people strive to choose not only a high-quality and easy-to-use, but also an economical product that will allow to build a house quickly and with the least financial costs. One of them is foam concrete. In more detail how to build the house of foam concrete blocks, we will tell further.
In order to build a house on your site, you will need to have on hand a project of a future structure approved by the relevant authorities.
There are three options:
- Buy a ready plan. Suitable for those who want to save, as well as those people who do not have a clear idea about the appearance and structure of the house.
- Order an individual project. It usually costs more. However, instead of investing, you get a plan that takes into account all your wishes regarding the house. Also in this case, we can safely talk about the originality of the future structure, because the architects will develop its design especially for you.
- Design the house yourself. But in this case, you need to have an appropriate building education.
Before you make a house of foam blocks, you will need to think about the location on the site of buildings and plantings. In this matter, we recommend focusing on areas adjacent to yours. For the most comfortable life, it would be better to combine the economic, residential area and a place to rest with the corresponding buildings of the neighbors. In this case, you will avoid a situation, for example, when there is a neighbor toilet next to your arbor through the fence.
Also consider that the distance between adjacent buildings should be at least 6-7 m, between the house and the fence - at least 3 m. Green plantings should be made so that their shadow falls only in those places where you want it. see.
To choose the right foundation, you need to take into account not only the features of the future structure, but also the soil on which it will be erected. In this case, the “base” will be as reliable as possible and eliminate uneven house shrinkage, cracks and other troubles. So, it may be suitable as a tape, and the columnar or pile foundation.
In this case, regardless of what type of construction you choose, you will need to make a reinforcing belt, which will ensure the integrity and strength of the structure. This is important given the low resistance of foam blocks to bending.
As for the height of the cap, it will be enough to 40 cm.
Parameters and number of foam blocks
For the construction of a private house, wall blocks with dimensions of 20x30x60 cm and blocks for partitions with dimensions of 30x10x60 cm are usually used.
To calculate the amount of material needed for building a house, you will need to measure and fold the areas of all the walls of the house, excluding door and window openings from them. After that, the resulting figure will need to be divided by the lateral surface area of a single foam block. As a rule, it is 0, 12 square meters. for wall block and 0, 18 square meters. m for septal, but it is still better to focus on the material that you are going to buy. The resulting figure will mean the number of blocks required for single-row laying.
If it is necessary to calculate the volume of blocks, then the total area of the walls (minus openings for doors and windows) will need to be multiplied by the wall thickness specified in the project.If for different walls the thickness is provided for different, then it will be necessary to calculate step by step for each section of the house, and then it will be necessary to add the obtained results.
To the figure obtained as a result of the calculations, it will be necessary to add 2-3% for the execution of stitches during laying, as well as for other needs that may arise during work.
Let us dwell on some basic rules.
- First, the horizontal angle of the basement is assessed.
- After that, high-quality waterproofing of the basement is carried out by means of, for example, a pair of layers of roofing material.
- If all the corners of the base are on the same level, then laying can be started from any angle, and it will be more convenient to connect the blocks with each other using a special adhesive.
- If one of the corners was higher, then you need to start laying with him. In this case, it would be more appropriate to use cement mortar. By varying its thickness, you can eliminate the height difference.
- Having placed the block in the necessary corner and having leveled it horizontally, you will have to expose the blocks in the other corners of the base with the help of a water level or level. This stage should be approached as responsibly as possible.so that with the contours of the walls of the future house there were no unpleasant surprises.
- Between the exposed blocks (on the upper edge) a thin cord is stretched. It will be used for laying the first row of blocks. At the same time, glue or cement should be applied both on the base and on the sides of the blocks.
- The blocks are stacked with the help of a rubber mallet (it will need to tap each element so that it "sits down" denser). Between the blocks should be seams of 2-3 mm.
- If you want to use part of the block, then it can be carefully cut off with the help of both special and ordinary handsaws with large teeth. It is important to cut, maintaining a right angle.
- The first and last rows of masonry need to be reinforced.
- After that, it will be possible to take on the overlap, the type of which must be chosen depending on the thickness of the supporting walls.
Since the house of foam concrete has a very strong shrinkage, it is possible to start the finishing work no earlier than one month after construction.
Exterior wall cladding should be vapor-permeable, and therefore materials that do not allow air (like cement mortar, polystyrene foam) will not work.To warm houses from foam concrete blocks is better than mineral wool. They have excellent performance and easy installation. As for the cladding, you can use siding - it is environmentally friendly and quite budget. Instead, you can choose today's popular block house or composite panels, for example.
Choice of furniture
How to drink wine
How to lay New Year'
How to sew ears
What is good for hair