How to calculate ovulation
Why is it necessary to track the days of ovulation?
Tracking ovulation allows you to select the period for conception when planning pregnancy. The viability of the egg is maintained for 48-72 hours, so with a serious approach to planning, you can quite accurately calculate the day on which the conception of a child can occur.
If you are planning a pregnancy, then in the days of ovulation you need to:
- completely give up alcohol;
- do not take antibiotics and other potent drugs;
- do not take x-rays.
Methods for determining ovulation
There are different ways to monitor ovulation at home.
1. Calendar method. Ovulation usually occurs in the middle of the cycle. That is, if the cycle is 28 days, then ovulation is likely to occur on the 14th day of the cycle. The cycle should be counted from the first day of menstruation. In the period when the possibility of conception is great, you must include 4 days before and 4 days after the date of probable ovulation.This is explained by the fact that the egg and spermatozoa retain their viability for about 3 days. Thus, with a cycle of 28 days, the probability of conception is high from 10 to 17 day of the cycle. Although the calendar method is used quite often, it has proven itself to be very unreliable. This method gives more or less accurate results only with a regular cycle.
2. Method based on basal temperature measurement. This method allows you to accurately determine the time of ovulation. Make a schedule from the first day of the cycle. Cycle days are marked on one axis, and temperature is marked on the other. Every morning immediately after waking up, it is necessary to measure the temperature in the rectum and reflect the data on the graph. The basal temperature will depend on the level of hormones that are produced in the female body. In the first half of the cycle (before ovulation), estrogen helps to reduce body temperature, in the second half of the cycle (after ovulation), progesterone increases temperature. A sharp rise in temperature on the graph indicates the day of ovulation.
3. Track ovulation with test strips.This method is based on determining the increase in luteinizing hormone in urine. Test strips can be bought in almost any pharmacy, in a package, as a rule, 5 strips. With the help of a special table that is in each package, you can determine the day of testing.
The procedure for conducting an ovulation test is similar to a pregnancy test. The strip is immersed in the urine for a few seconds. If the test line is of the same color as the control line, or darker than it, this means that ovulation will occur within 24-36 hours.
The most accurate and proven method for determining ovulation is ultrasound, with which you can not only monitor the growth of the follicle, but even record the time of ovulation.
Contests for February 14
How to cure a cyst
What is a prospect
Gifts to veterans on May 9 with their own hands
How to make flowers from beads
Choice of furniture
What is damage?