How to clean tile seams?
Tile, as a rule, trim the walls in the bathroom, toilet, kitchen. At first glance, this material is unpretentious and does not require special care. But due to the high humidity in these areas, lime deposits, soot, the snow-white seams, which give the tile a well-groomed appearance, turn yellow and mold over time. To return the tile to pristine purity and freshness, you need to know how to clean the tile seams.
Tools and accessories for cleaning
To cope with deposits on the seams between the tiles, you need to equip the following tools and tools:
- small special brush or old toothbrush;
- fine sandpaper;
- steam cleaner;
- foam rubber;
- household chemicals;
- waterproof emulsion paint;
- latex gloves.
How to clean the joints between tiles
The method of cleaning seams depends on the type of pollution.
- Fungus. Fresh fungal spores can be removed with chlorine-containing products (Domestos, Whiteness).They should be applied to the seams with a brush or foam, and after 5 minutes, rinse with water and wipe dry. If the lesions are deep enough and the cleaning agents do not cope with them, you can cover the seams with several layers of water-based paint. In severe cases, you should rub the seams on the tile again. Before you seal the seams, you must carefully remove the old sealant.
- Dirt, lime deposits. With the help of hot steam you can clean the seams of dirt. To do this, the tile joints are treated with a steam generator, then washed with cold water and rubbed dry. Another way to get rid of dirt without the use of chemicals - gently clean the seams with sandpaper. Limescale plaque easily removes citric acid deposited on the seams with a foam rubber sponge.
- Fat and soot. Kitchen tiles can be cleaned with special fat removers (Cif, Cillit) or traditional methods. In the ironware you need to mix 6 glasses of water, 1/2 cup of soda, 1/3 cup of vinegar and lemon juice. Apply the mixture onto the tile for 10 minutes and rinse with water, repeat the procedure if necessary.
Instant salted tomatoes in a package and pan: recipes with photos step by step
What is good for hair
What is phishing
Break figure 159 into a notebook and build a figure symmetrical to the ABC triangle: relative to point D
What is pulpitis
What are the reasons for the delay in menstruation?