How to connect the router to the computer?
Watch the video
People have become accustomed to the fact that a mobile phone is both a book, and a newspaper, and fast access to social networks, tablets can also be fully used only with the active Network, laptops and personal computers have nothing to say - the Internet has become an indispensable attribute for them. To ensure the high-quality functioning of all these technical devices, it is necessary to have a router in the house that will distribute a Wi-Fi signal for each of them. In this article we will explain how to connect the router to a computer, describing the general case for all popular models.
Would not get tangled in the wires
Despite the fact that there are only three sockets in the router where you can insert a patchcord, the power cord or network cable (4 LAN ports are one, they are identical), many users are still confused about where and what to insert. So:
- Comes with a patch cord (usually gray) with plugs at two ends.Insert one end of the wire into any of the LAN ports (edging orange), and the other is placed in the RJ-45 socket of our computer (where the network card is installed);
- The cable of the provider that used to be in the slot of the network card (by the way, one more hint) is inserted into the WAN port (blue border) of the router;
- Next to the convex power button is a slot for the power supply. We insert the wire into the socket, and the plug of the block - into the socket.
Network settings of the router
In the event that the Internet was working on a computer earlier, the device will be automatically identified and configured, but just in case, remember the following steps:
- On the panel next to the clock, click on the monitor icon and select "Network Control Center ...". On the network connection icon, right-click and select the "Status" item;
- Next - the item "Properties" - from the drop-down menu, select the protocol version 4 "TCP / IPv4" and again click on the "Properties" button;
- In the window that opens, we transfer the markers to the points to get the IP address and the address of the DNS server automatically.
How to connect Opera Mini
How to repair attachments of handles on a bag
Why does not Skype work
Which resort to choose
How to quickly sell a car