How to cook rice?
Rice is one of the most ancient foods of mankind. The rice family applies to both annual and perennial plant species. Due to the fact that there is a large variety of rice varieties, their taste is also diverse, so many people think about how to cook this or that rice variety.
Since ancient times, rice has been used in different dishes, which means that it also needs to be cooked in different ways. Sometimes it is necessary crumbly, sometimes in the form of porridge.
Types of rice
Most often rice is classified according to grain length and processing method.
- Long grain is called rice, which has a grain size of 6-8 mm. It is grown mainly in Central Asia. This kind of rice is most appreciated.
- Middle grain rice has a length of 5-6 mm, and it is less transparent than long grain rice, because it contains more starch.
- Round grain rice has almost no transparency, its shape is oval, grain size is 4-6 mm.
White grain can be of different sizes, and it is completely cleaned from the shell. Brown rice has a certain percentage of shell preservation.And the last kind is steamed rice. Steamed rice is made according to a special technology, thanks to steaming, all the vitamins remain inside the rice, and are not peeled off with the shell. It is believed that the most useful rice - brown, because the bulk of vitamins are in the shell, which is not removed from the grains. Next in terms of utility comes steamed rice, and then white.
Terms of cooking loose rice
There is no one correct way to cook rice. For pilaf, it should be crumbly, for sushi, on the contrary, sticky. First of all, before cooking you need to pick exactly the rice that is needed for a particular dish.
It is also important to take into account the shape of the dish, where rice is cooked. Dishes should be wide and low.
- First, the rice should be washed under running water. Then pour cold or warm water in proportion: 1 part rice and 2 parts water.
- In order to cook crumbly rice, it is necessary to allow the grains to stand for about an hour and feed the water for as long as necessary.
- After that add some water so that it only covers the grain.
- Next, you need to put the pan on a large fire and quickly bring to a boil, do not forget to mix.
- Prepared rice can boil for about 10 to 25 minutes (depending on the variety).
- The rice is ready when all the liquid is boiled out. After this, it is necessary to leave the rice to infuse for 5-10 minutes and rinse thoroughly with cool boiled water.
You can read more about cooking friable rice in the article How to cook friable rice.
Cook "sticky" rice
For sticky rice it is necessary to use only round-grain varieties, and the preparation technology is the same as for cooking crumbly rice. Just because of the structure, it is welded immediately to the desired consistency. The only thing that needs to be remembered is that such rice should not be washed.
It must be remembered that rice refers to perishable foods. After the rice is cooked, it can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 3-4 days, and if milk is added to it, then at room temperature the rice can deteriorate the next day.
Cooking rice in milk
- First you need to rinse the rice well in water.
- Then pour cold water into a saucepan and pour clean rice that has already been prepared.
- After the water and rice boil, the fire should be lowered and boiled until the water has evaporated.Please note that rice can burn. It must be periodically stirred.
- Once all the water has evaporated, boil the milk separately in a saucepan and pour it into the porridge, bring to a boil, and reduce the heat again. If you like liquid porridge, then the milk in the pan should remain, if not, then cook until the milk boils away.
- After that you can add salt and sugar to taste.
- Willingness is determined by taste, if the grains are soft - the rice is cooked.
Where it is better to rest in October, where to go in October, the countries for rest
How to get rid of stretch marks
How to stop releasing gases
What is good diesel