How to customize the desktop?
The desktop is the personal workplace of a person who spends a lot of time on the computer. If you do not know how to configure the desktop computer, most likely, you will not be comfortable and convenient to work. Naturally, this will affect your performance. Therefore, before you start working at your computer, try to make your desktop the way you want it to be, ideally, and we will help you with this.
Customize Windows Desktop
- To customize the desktop on the Windows platform, you must hover the mouse over the free space of the table, click on the right mouse button. You will see a menu in which there is a string "Properties" - you must go to this line and open it. You should have a settings menu in which will be the Themes tab. You need to select the picture you like, and click on “Apply” - your desktop will immediately change, because the selected picture will appear on it. Remember that “Theme” is not only a background image, but also a set of sounds, as well as other elements, therefore, choosing a certain picture, you choose other elements of the desktop.
- The next tab is the "Desktop", which allows you to change the background image in the theme that you previously set. By the way, the background image can be chosen not only from those that are in the catalog, but also to set your photo or picture by selecting it from your own files. To do this, select “Browse”, select the desired picture from your catalog - the name of the object should appear in the “File name” field, and click on “Open”. A little below there is an additional field in which there is an option such as “Location”. It allows you to customize the location of the picture. If you need to customize the Windows desktop without any images and pictures, then select “no” in the list of themes, and you can choose the color for the desktop in the “Color” option.
- In the "Desktop" menu, you can enable and disable system icons. To do this, select "Desktop Settings", from which you will go to the "Desktop Elements" and then to the "General" tab. If you click on “Change Icon”, the graphic image of the icons will change. You can customize the automatic cleaning of the desktop of those iconswhich are not used for a long time. If you do not need such a function, then do not check the control box for this option.
- The "Parameters" tab allows you to set screen resolution parameters - for this you need to use the slider. For different sized screens there are their optimal resolutions. So, for 17-inch screens, the optimal resolution is 1024x768. If you have a 19-inch monitor, then choose a resolution of 1400x1050 or 1280x1024. If you are interested in how to customize the desktop in terms of the screen refresh rate, then this option should be set by going from the "Advanced" button, which is located in the lower right corner of the "Settings" tab, to the "Monitor" tab. After setting the refresh rate of the screen, click on “OK” and then on “Apply”.
- The “Screensaver” tab is intended for you to configure the protection of confidential information from outside views. It is quite simple to do this - you need to select your favorite screensaver, program the time interval and set a password to protect. The screen saver will automatically appear on the monitor screen after the time you set, provided that you do not perform any manipulations with the mouse or keyboard.On this, the work with the window "Properties: Screen" is finished, it must be closed.
Setting up the desktop in Windows 7
In order to customize the desktop in Windows 7, you need to perform slightly different steps than described above. Windows 7 is configured using mini applications - gadgets, thanks to which the desktop can be transformed beyond recognition, both externally and functionally. If in Windows Vista, the sidebar was used to install gadgets, in Windows 7, the user can place gadgets anywhere in the monitor that is convenient for you. Downloading gadgets to customize your desktop should only be from sources that you have repeatedly used, because, in June 2012, Microsoft ceased to officially support these options. That is, on the official website of the company you will not find them. This is due to the release of Windows 8.
Before you return your desktop settings, save the settings in a separate file - click on the "Themes" tab and in the "Theme" group, click on "Save." Next, you must specify the path to save and remember it. If necessary, you can always use the “Screen” component and the “Themes” tab to restore the previous desktop settings regarding its design.
How to name a circle
How to take a mummy
What is the horizon
How to enable the navigator
How to install the sight in World of Tanks
How to lay New Year'