How to Help People During the Holidays
Help the homeless:
- Most of us really don't notice those people standing on the side of the road holding the signs. We don't really pay attention to the signs reading, "Will work for food!" How about making a little difference in a struggling person's life?
Make a basket full of fun little foods, a card, and a few other nice items, like toiletries, gum, a scarf, etc.When you stop at that stoplight where the person is standing, climb out and give them the basket with a "Merry Christmas!" Seeing them smile back will make your day. And you can look forward to the thought that their life will be that much better. Spread the Christmas spirit around!
Reach out to a family in need.
- There are many families who are struggling with the economic crisis, have single parents, or one parent who is in prison. You can help by joining a charity (as mentioned below) or going to areas where people have less. You can pass out gifts for their children, from something small like an action figure, to something bigger. It will be sure to put a smile on their faces. You will know that you are brightening up lives.
Write a letter to the mailman.
- Try giving the mailman a letter. You can wish him/her a merry Christmas and thank them for their service to the community.
Write a letter to a soldier.
- You can also make a day in the heat of Iraq more Christmas-like for someone. There are many organizations where you can join and write soldiers letters of encouragement and hope. It will be sure to put a smile on their faces. :)
Help 'Make a Wish'.
- The Make a Wish foundation helps grant wishes to terminally ill children. You can help by donating. Also, you could bring a gift and visit sick kids in the hospital. You could sing a song, bring some friends to help put on a silly play, or give them a gift and cookies. This will be sure to make them feel better!
Contribute to 'Toys for Tots' and abused children.
- You can make a difference by donating to Toys for Tots or foundations that help children who have been abused. You can give money to the organization or help and visit the children, giving them gifts and a smile. It's a great feeling to help out!
Visit the elderly.
- Visit a nursing home to sing carols to the elderly. You can sit and play a game of checkers after as well! Even bring some cookies to munch on together. It'll make their day.
Take a drive.
- Offer to be a volunteer driver for a day. After, when the person get out of the car and thanks you, hand them a plate of cookies and wish them the best of Christmas. They'll be recommending you for sure!
Commit random acts of kindness'.
- Pay for the toll for the person behind you, even pay for more than one, after all, it's only a dollar! Organize a food drive. Spread gifts to neighbors and friends. Pay for a random person's meal across the room. Smile and wave a people driving by. Put Christmas cards on windshields. Help out the homeless by treating them to a meal with you. Buy someone something nice and surprise them with it today!
Drive somebody somewhere.Give a waiter an extra tip, with a happy holidays scribbled on the check!
Do whatever you know is right! :)
Have a merry Christmas!
QuestionA family is in need of help for the holidays, but they have too much pride. How do I go about asking if I can help them without stepping on their toes?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you mean they are in need of money, perhaps you could find a way to help them out anonymously. You could also try casually bringing up that you are looking for a way to help someone less fortunate for the holiday season and see if they are able to swallow their pride and ask for what they need.Thanks!
QuestionI don't know how to help in my area as I live in the suburbs and I am a 7th grader. Any suggestions?Community AnswerYou could volunteer at a local soup kitchen or CO-OP. They are usually always looking for more volunteers. You could also have some friends come with you. Depending on your age, you may or may not need an adult to come with you, but it is worth it in the end.Thanks!
How else can you help other people in the holiday
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Pay for someone's small grocery bill.
- Have fun and feel good helping people!
- Be kind to even the meanest people, and remember what they say, "Kill them with kindness."
- Give away in-good-shape items to people who need things.
- Do a free car wash for three cars.
- Have a free garage sale.
Video: 4 Tips to fight Depression during the Holidays - Mental Health Help with Kati Morton
The 25 Best Places to Shop for BeautyProducts
How to Tell Your Parents You Got a Ticket
Apple revenue from iPhone accessories doubled since 2015: CHARTS
Women More Likely to Reach Age 100
Diary Of A ChemicalPeel
Backdrop Necklaces Are the Irresistible Bridal Accessory You Didn’t Know YouNeeded
You might have more energy
Best Weight Loss Clinics In Hyderabad – Our Top 10 Picks
How to Remove Smell from an Old Leather Bag
Reporter Accidentally Sparks Queen Elizabeth Death Rumor
How to Address the Pope
The Trailer for the New Live-Action Winnie the Pooh Movie Is Here
Diarrhoea in Cancer Patients
Date: 11.12.2018, 16:48 / Views: 62591