How to make a mat?
Favorite photos, embroidery and paintings, especially if they are made by your hands, should decorate the walls in your house, being in beautiful frames. But the frame alone is not enough, because without a matching mat in color the picture seems unfinished.
So how to make a mat work is not so difficult, so let's try to make it with your own hands. This will require:
- Sharp knife.
How to make a mat with your own hands? The manufacture itself will not take you much time, the main thing in this business is accuracy.
- Cut the cardboard exactly the same size as the selected frame.
- Turn the sheet over and draw two diagonal stripes on it. Mark the point of their intersection.
- Find the required width of the future of the mat, draw, so you get a rectangle. Inside this rectangle, draw another one, less than the first by 2 cm.
- Use a knife to make cuts along the diagonal lines inside a large rectangle,and around the perimeter of the smaller rectangle, cut the waste cardboard.
- Along the perimeter of a large rectangle, fold 2 cm of cardboard inwards. Thus, the inner edges of the resulting mat will look neat and finished.
- The last stage is the build. You will have to put everything together: your work, the mat and the frame itself, everything should be fixed with special brackets or small studs on the back of the frame.
If you are interested in how to make a mat for embroidery, then the method described above is perfect for you. An important role is played by the choice of the color of the mat itself, since the picture itself, the mat and the frame must be combined with each other. It is also important how all this will look in the general interior of the room where it will hang. Therefore, before proceeding to the manufacture of this product, think about the harmony of the color scheme of the composition as a whole.
You can make a mat for the picture as well as for embroidery. You can use our instructions for making. It is worth adding that the drawing itself is better attached to the finished mat with double-sided tape so that it does not move. So work will look neater.
Thus, knowing how to make a mat yourself, you can create an original product and save money, since the same work in the salons is far from cheap. And the work done by yourself is always pleasing to the eye and warms the soul. And your guests will certainly appreciate the embroidery or design, as well as the beautifully selected frame and mat.
MEGA-STORY Company - professional construction of industrial buildings
NASA - where is
Autumn holidays in November 2013: rating of places for families with children