How to make disk defragmentation?
Disk defragmentation is the process of optimizing hard disk memory, in which files are redistributed to disk so that they are located in contiguous areas. Defragmentation improves PC performance and offloads RAM.
Little about the defragmentation process
Each file on the computer is recorded in different ways on the hard disk. Sometimes one file may be completely in one department of the disk. Sometimes the computer takes the file apart and puts it into different places on the disk. The second option leads to the fact that when a user accesses a certain file, the computer needs more time to collect it and send it for processing to the operational memory. If the disk is completely broken into compartments with motley fragments of files, then the computer starts to slow down. That is why they are advised to defragment more often than usual.
For this, by the way, a special team is provided.In the disk defragmentation window, you can see the option "Customize the schedule." You can set the exact time and frequency of defragmentation in automatic mode. Very comfortably!
And now how to defragment the disk.
Defragment the disk
- In the "Start" menu, select the "Computer" option.
- Next, right-click on the disk that you are going to defragment.
- From the menu that appears, select the option "Properties".
- In the "Properties" of the computer, go to the "Service" tab.
- Now find the section "Run Disk Defragmentation" and initialize it.
- You will see the "Disk Defragmenter" window. From the list, select the disk that you are going to defragment.
- Select the option "Analyze Disk".
- Wait until the analysis is complete, then click on the "Disk Defragmenter" button.
- Defragmentation carried out.
Sometimes they resort to formatting the disk, as a result of which all information from the disk is erased. This method can be resorted to, for example, in the situation when the computer starts to work extremely slowly and unstable due to the abundance of old files, virus programs and other garbage on the disk.
How to remove a wart at home
Healing properties of quince
Massage for kidney disease
Beaded bracelet for any outfit
How to tame a cat in Minecraft
How to decorate napkins