How to Make Sauerkraut Juice
Sauerkraut juice is considered a super food because of its immune boosting and cancer fighting properties. Follow the steps below to learn how to make your own sauerkraut juice so that you can take advantage of this nutritious addition to your diet. Servings: 1 pint (.473 L)
6 cups (1425 ml) cabbage, shredded
1/4 cup (59 ml) apple juice
1/4 tsp. (1 ml) salt
Peel off the outer leaves of the cabbage.You should remove any leaves that are discolored or wilted.
Feed the cabbage wedges through a juicer with a mincing screen.If you don’t have a juicer, you can shred the cabbage in a food processor or grate it by hand.
Put the shredded cabbage into a medium sized bowl.
Add the salt and the apple juice and mix well.
Press the mixture into a 1 pint (.473 L) Mason jar or other glass container that has a tight fitting lid.Fill the jar to just under the rim with the shredded cabbage.
Use a spoon to press the cabbage down into the jar so that there are no air pockets.Add more cabbage, if needed, to fill the jar almost to the top.
Add water to bring the mixture up to the brim of the jar.You want to leave just enough room to be able to screw on the lid.
Screw the lid onto the jar.Make sure it is screwed on tightly; you may have to remove bits of cabbage from the jar’s threads in order to get a tight fit—simply run a clean, wet cloth around the threads.
Set the jar in a bowl.The cabbage will start fermenting and flow down the sides of the jar, so keeping the jar in a bowl will keep your countertop clean.
Let the juice ferment for 5 or 6 days.
Unscrew the lid and pour the sauerkraut juice into a glass.It’s best to drink it all right away, but if you can’t, cover any remaining juice and refrigerate it.
I thought if you covered it, the beneficial bacteria wont colonize in the water. So I left it open and once got the nice white bacteria but two times got greenish blackish dark mold.
How frequently should you drink?
How long can you take the juice from the one head cabbage, since it makes about 10 cups, do you keep it for 10 days?
How do I make sauerkraut juice if I didn't get enough liquid?
If I put the lid on tight, how can the juice run down the sides of the jar?
- Start a fresh batch every few days so that you will be able to drink sauerkraut juice several times a week.
- Sauerkraut juice is a great digestive aid.
- Save juice when you cook with sauerkraut. The leftover juice can be added to other recipes, such as pork chops and apples. The acids in sauerkraut juice act as a tenderizer for meats, as well as imparting a delicious flavor.
- Gargle with cooled sauerkraut juice to alleviate a sore throat.
- A large head of cabbage usually yields about 10 cups (2,375 ml).
- Add some sauerkraut juice to your salad dressing.
- You should drink fresh sauerkraut juice as soon as it is ready. The juice contains live lactobacillus bacteria, which is extremely beneficial to your health, but the “good” lactobacillus bacteria will die off quickly.
Video: How to Make Fresh & Real Sauerkraut Juice in a Slow Juicer Recipe
Prankster Son Surprises His Dad With a New House
How to Act Like One of the Guys
Should I Be Wearing My Dentures at Night
Beauty and the Beast has just broken a MASSIVE record
8 Year Olds Mothers Day Card Mistake Turns Out to Be BEST Gift to Moms Everywhere
Chocolate-Bourbon Pound Cake
18 Cute And Stylish Easter Outfits For Girls
How to Drive a Car in Winter Weather
How to use the fuller’s earth for the beauty solutions
Are You Just Shattered Or Do You Have Adrenal Fatigue 10 Clues Reveal All
30 Brown Ombre Hair Color Ideas
What Running a Half-Marathon Really Feels Like
Magnesium Amino Acids Chelate Reviews