How to Pay in Foreign Currency on Paypal
If you are a PayPal website user, you will have the ability to make a payment to an international business or to the person of your choice in a foreign currency. When you log into your PayPal account, you can immediately designate the currency of your choice before finalizing your payment details. The website will then automatically convert the payment amount you specify into the foreign currency type you have chosen.
Log in to your PayPal account.
- Visit the PayPal website featured in the Sources section of this article.
- Scroll to the top of PayPal's website and click on the "Log In" link.
- Enter the email address and password for your PayPal account and click on the "Log In" button. This procedure will take you to the PayPal Account Overview screen.
Select your payment option.PayPal will allow you send a payment to a person or business, pay for items purchased from eBay, or allow you to make a mass payment to up to 5,000 people.
- Click on the "Send Money" tab at the top of your PayPal session.
- Designate whether you want to send money to someone online, pay for eBay items, or make a mass payment by clicking on the appropriate link below the "Send Money" tab.
- If you choose the eBay option, you will be redirected to eBay's website to complete the payment. EBay may have different procedures in place for paying with foreign currency.
Enter your payment details into the fields provided.
- The payment form will prompt you for the email address or mobile phone number of the entity you are paying, as well as the payment amount, type of currency, and type of payment.
Select your desired form of currency for payment.PayPal currently allows you to select from 24 different types of currency.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to the payment box to select the currency you want to pay with.
Use the conversion link to determine the correct payment amount.When you pay with a foreign currency, the payment amount you enter will be converted to display the conversion amount in your native currency. For example, if your PayPal account reflects United States information, but you want to make a payment to someone in Japanese yen, the conversion amount will display the yen's value in United States dollars.
- Click on the "Update" link below the payment section to allow PayPal to convert the currency amount you entered.
Complete your payment transaction.
- Click on the "Continue" button to review your payment details before submission. Upon submission, the person or entity you sent the payment to will receive an email notification from PayPal outlining the details of your payment.
QuestionIf sending in foreign currency, is there a conversion fee?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, and PayPal will let you know the amount as you make the transaction.Thanks!
Can you put a message to the person you are sending money to, so they know what its for
What is cost to seller?
How does someone retreive the cash sent?
Does paypal charge a fee for a foreign currency payment?
- If you have a website or a blog, you can accept payments in the foreign currency of your choice when you integrate a PayPal shopping cart, "Buy Now" button or "Donate" button onto your website. To begin creating a PayPal button or to modify an existing payment button on your website, visit the PayPal website provided in the Sources section of this article and click on the "Website Payments" link on the left.
Video: Should You Pay in Local or Home Currency?
Banana Choc Chip Muffins Recipe
The 11 Most Contaminated Foods
Exclusive: Evan Rachel Wood on Mastering the Tomboy Look
Advantages and disadvantages of using air fresheners
How to Send a Book to a Publisher
Isopropyl Alcohol Topical
How to Turn a Log Into a Planter
German Schnitzel, Slow Cooker Style
8 Beauty Sins You Might Be Committing
A Major Medical Crisis Led Me to My Best Friend