How to Take Action to Be a Patriotic Christian
Apatriotis an individual who shows love of and/or devotion to the best that one's country can be: the word comes from the Latinpatria, and Greekpatris, πατρίς . Realize that the meaning of "patriot" as anyone who loves one's country, but exactly what it means to you is dependent upon who you are, your context, the area/community and your philosophy.
Have you considered being a patriotic Christian and living according to the Bible? How can you be Christian with common interests like this: "What you do to the least of these, you do to me." said Jesus. Are your individual interests (whether conservative, independent, liberal, libertarian, or progressive) committed to and subordinate to The Gospel (The Good News) and The Lord -- and the good of the people?
Determine whether you are a Christian according to the Bible.That is: Be born again, believe and say that Christ is your personal Savior, pray and repent to the one, true God for salvation.
- Salvation is explained here: "8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in [do] them." (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- And "Patriotic Christian" as an oxymoron is explained here: I Samuel 8.
Live for and affirm Christ as an individual -- probably including regular Bible Study and prayer, church attendance, witnessing/testifying of the Truth, helping others to see the light, etc.Proceed to put on the whole garment and armor of God:
- Be prepared for every eventuality explained/listed here: "14 Stand firm therefore, having'girded your loins with truth', and having put on the'breastplate of righteousness', 15 and having'shod your feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace'; 16 in addition to all, taking up the'shield of faith'with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take the'helmet of salvation', and the'sword of the Spirit', which is the word of God. 18 With all prayer and petition'pray at all times in the Spirit,'... " (Ephesians 6:14-18), ie: your life is armored also with prayer.
- Keep your life under the control of God's Holy Spirit. Yield and sacrifice your will and your ways to Him who is comforter, helper, guide and the Spirit of the ultimate judge of all things.
Respect and desire the best for your community, state, country, etc.ie: be patriotic. Consider staying informed about each of the political choices facing you.
As an individual, be honest above all, and keep in mind that your actions will be seen and interpreted not only as an advocate of your causes, or as an officeholder, but as a Christian advocate or Christian officeholder.Build your efforts aroundGod as your architectin what ever decisions you are called upon to make in the public sector.
Support public servants as best you can, ie:the courts, officials of the courts who are assigned or elected to keep law and order, including police officers -- and also the efforts of fire and rescue personnel in peace, disaster or war. This would include paying your taxes (following Christ's example in the New Testament).
Consider collaborating/cooperating together with others including other patriots, as much as possible:but you clearly willnotagree on each and every facet of building your own community or extended community, state and nation. Be willing to and be fair and proactively work and fight fairly with other people. You probably will want to strive for "peace, the Gospel, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" while taking responsibility for your own improvement, fortune, future and nurture future leaders.
Show appropriate respect as seems right to you for the symbols of your country and the symbols of Christianity, for example:
- Respect prayer, reverence God, bow your head when someone prays.
- Consider whether you will stand and place your hand over your heart when they play your National Anthem.
- Treat your armed forces veterans and those who served at home as officers, as well as fire and rescue (men and women) with your kind of respect.
Pray for your government leaders and authority that scripture says were put (or allowed) there by God.Do not make railing accusations against those that may seem less Christian or less patriotic, but work to help to choose, elect and motivate them to be the best they can be.
Examine factors that define you as a patriotic person as a Christian (subordinated to God) -- whether conservative, independent, liberal, or libertarian -- and decide whether you are a patriotic Christian by the indications of what you perceive as loving and devoted patriotism as you believe is right.God seeks a "peculiar" or particular individual to serve him and the people, but not one off the beaten path of the Bible.
- Be a light to the world. Keep your lamps full and batteries charged and lights burning in darkness. Offer and give your best help to a friend -- or better yet to a stranger in need.
- Being a Patriotic Christian includes considering supporting/participating in peacemaking and warfare. The patriotic Christian isat all timespitted in related warfare and peacemaking "against powers in high places."
- Come to God like a child: in faith and trust. Consider whether the patriotic Christian is expressinggrace, hope, trust, faith, and charity (supporting the good).Respect and honor your elders, authorities in Church and government, and raise your kids to do the same -- if so, you may be a patriotic Christian. Believe God and be unselfish, proactive Christian and patriotic. Build your part of the church as you are called a living stone in the "house of prayer" that reveals the Christian Gospel.
- Take refuge in Him:
37 "Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace. 38 But all sinners will be destroyed [by God in eternity]; the future of the wicked will be cut off."
"39The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. 40The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him." And, be kind to your enemy. Jesus said, "Love your enemy." The psalmist said...there is a future for the man of peace(Psalms 37:37-40)
- "Seek the old, narrow path..." (the Biblical good news, Gospel), but realize that a person is not necessarily looking for God's way: Jesus said"Narrow is the way, and few there be that find it."
- The weapons of the patriotic Christian warfare therefore include the Gospel of salvation as the spiritual warfare isnotmainly flesh and blood but include body, mind, spirit and soul:
- "...understanding, patience, kindness, sincerity, love... truthful speech, in the power of God; ... [as weapons] in the right hand and in the left; ...in bad report and good report; genuine, ...;"(2 Corinthians 6:6--10).
- Israel adopted a monarchy, King David, King Solomon, etc. in the Bible, as a government other than having priests as judges (whom they had previously). That is an example of problems in government for the individual follower of God to deal with. Support Israel according to the Bible to be blessed.
- as that is part of the definition of an non-carnal Christian, not a "reprobate". Rely on God for spiritual, physical and emotional guidance and comfort while you may work and seem rather self-reliant, though your ultimate source is not yourself. Resist: temptation/evil --resistthe Devil in Jesus name (temptation itself is not a sin, but "doing that" tempted matter is; knowing also that"13 ...God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust...")and do not give place to the accuser of the brethren/sisters but love one another as He first loved you.
- Teach and do the same doctrine which God commissioned Jesus to do (John 8:38; John 5:30, John 5:20-23)."Proclaim, teach, bind up the wounded... let the captive go free."as prophesied in the Old Testament and proclaimed by Jesus Christ. Equip yourself: with the values of home (togetherness), of family relationships, of country (community).
- If you hate or take unfair advantage of other individuals -- then by all indications you may very well beneithera Christian nor a patriot.
- Be careful what you think, for thoughts become actions. Be careful of what you do, for actions determine your character.
Video: The Science of Taking Action | Steve Garguilo | TEDxCarthage
Best Dressed Men Of The Week Feat
This Texas Teacher Is Helping Fill the Hunger Void for Students When the School Year Ends
Legal Guardianship and Bipolar Disorder
The best performance trackers
How to Do Yoga Meditation
How to Treat Tongue Burn Blisters
Your New Asymmetrical Haircut Can Spice Up Everything
How to Use an Operating System from a USB Stick
15 Hottest Brown Hair with Red Highlights
Dating Someone In The Closet
Hot Color Shades to Stay Fashionable with Ballerina Nails