How to Use the Bathroom on Public Transport
Before Going to the Restroom
Evaluate. How long is your ride? How much did you drink? How badly do you need to go? If the result is that you have to go, then follow the steps bellow. If not, hold yourself and wait.
Identify the nearest restroom.If you are on a bus that stops at gas stations, it is probably wise to go there if you are uncomfortable with the restrooms on board. You also want to be careful that you don't disturb other passengers, especially if it is during the night and they are trying to sleep.
Organize yourself.It is important that you don't disturb other passengers, so if you are planning to brush your teeth, wash your face or do other things in the bathroom, bring all your materials with you. It is always a good idea to bring hand sanitizer on public transport so you don't have to use the restroom.
In the Restroom
Check that you've locked the door properly.It can be rather embarrassing to have the door opened on you as the bus or ship is moving along and you are mid-business with a line waiting out there. Push or pull on the door to check it's properly locked.
- You can touch the door by holding toilet paper if you're worried about germs.
Look for safety features.If you're moving, there is risk of falling or being tossed if the vehicle hits something, goes over something bumpy, hits turbulence, crashes on a wave, or whatever. It's a good idea to find any form of handle or device meant for hanging onto in the event of such a happening. For the most reassurance, hang onto it anyway.
Clean.Some people aren't bothered by germs, but it is always a good idea to wipe off the seat on the toilet, or avoid touching too many things in the restroom. Take a piece of paper towel or toilet paper, put a bit of water on it (maybe soap) and wipe off anything you will be touching.
Do your business.Use the bathroom as intended and be quick about it. There is no point hanging around too long, it subjects you to an uncomfortable situation for a longer time and it can prolong the wait for other people outside.
- It is probably a good idea to avoid touching too many things. In fact, if you can squat rather than sit on the seat, that's the best option.
Wash up.Wash your hands completely with soap. If there is none, at least wash them very well, rubbing your hands vigorously.
- If you made a mess somewhere, be polite and clean it, imagine if you had to clean up after someone else before you used the bathroom. Pass on cleanliness, not germs.
Plan ahead and make sure you use the restroom at home before your trip.If you didn't mind it, well then it's your choice.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If you find the bathroom filthy, let the driver, captain, attendant or whoever know it really needs a clean. If you're on a flight or ship, it usually isn't too long to wait until they're finished cleaning it. For a bus, you will probably have to live with it.
- Traveling somewhere new to you? Hygiene standards and rules may differ, so roll with it and focus on staying healthy by doing the best you can to not touch too much and to wash your hands well.
Video: Man Secretly Filming Women in Public Bathroom Caught on Camera
Rigatoni with Roasted Broccoli
7 Health Benefits of Custard Apples
How to Make Kouign Amann
15 Foods You Should Avoid If You Have Diabetes
Shortcuts: Express Workouts Workout Video
10 Best Leucine Rich Foods
Healthcare spending out of pocket by state
How to Make Mulled Wine
How to Look Chic AND Be Seriously Comfy
How to Defend Yourself in a Product Liability Lawsuit
Alcott Hill Table Clock ACOT2555 Size: 8 H x 4 W x 8 D
Why men should totally get rid of the mane under their arm
Say hello to Game Developer Barbie (no she does not have a pink laptop)
Date: 03.12.2018, 23:21 / Views: 54251