Photo recipe: cooking homemade Turkish baklava
The recipe for Turkish baklava
Ingredients for Turkish Baklava
- 4 cups water (for syrup)
- 5 cups sugar (for syrup)
- 2 tbsp. l. lemon juice (for syrup)
- 3 cups walnuts (for the filling)
- 2 tbsp. l. granulated sugar (for filling)
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted ghee (impregnation)
- 2 packs of filo dough, each containing 20-22 sheets
How to cook baklava at home: step by step photo recipe
- First make the syrup. Mix the sugar and water in a small saucepan, boil for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat and, without covering the lid, boil for another 10 minutes. The syrup is ready when it becomes light yellow.
- Stir in the lemon juice in the syrup and leave to cool.
- Next step, prepare the filling: Grind the walnuts with sugar in a food processor, but do not grind completely, so that the filling of the baklava is crispy. Leave aside.
- Grease a pan with ghee.Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Gently lay a sheet of dough filo in a pan and do not forget that it is very fragile. Do not worry, if the dough a little bit broke in some places, it's not critical.
- With a wide culinary brush, easily smear the dough sheet with melted butter (max. 2 tbsp). Continue to spread the sheets of dough, lubricating them with melted butter until you consume one packing of the folio test.
- Place the walnuts that have been ground with sugar over the dough and lightly sprinkle them with water to make the next layer of the dough better. On top of the filling, lay out the second package of dough filo, promazyvaya each leaf with oil. Oil also the top layer and the edges of baklava.
- Dip the sharp knife into the hot water and cut to the filling raw baklava on flat rectangles, squares or diamonds. Cut only the top layer of the dough, until the filling. This will allow the top layers of the puff pastry to slightly curl in while baking.
- Place the baking tray in the center of the oven. Bake baklava for 30 minutes at a temperature of 190 degrees. Reduce the temperature to 160 degrees and leave the baklava in the oven for another half an hour, until the top layer becomes brownish. Remove the baklava from the oven and let it cool down at room temperature.
- Walk once again with a knife on already made incisions, but this time cutting to the end and touching the knife with a knife. Pour the baklava with cooled syrup along the lines of the cut and let it cool down completely. Serve the baklava at room temperature. In the fridge, the prepared dish is stored for a week.
Take note: a few useful tips
1. In this recipe, it is recommended to use melted butter to impregnate the dough, but you can easily replace it with ordinary unsalted butter. Just melt and cool it.
2. Filo dough can be found in most supermarkets in the frozen food department. Keep it in the freezer until you need it. Before cooking, defrost the dough at room temperature, but do not unpack the package and do not unfold the unfrozen dough. When the dough is defrosted and its sheets are easily separated from each other, unpack the package and immediately cover it with a slightly damp towel so that the dough does not dry out. The dough dries very quickly, so if possible during cooking, keep it covered with a wet napkin.
3.For a more refined taste of baklava for filling instead of walnuts, you can use pistachios.
Church holiday on May 6
7 worst fashion trends of the season autumn-winter 20172018
How to get rid of mother in law
How Martin and I Converted the Kitchen
What is good for hair