What are the dances?
Even in ancient centuries, people who could not write, count, and speak correctly, expressed their emotions, feelings and desires through ritual dances. Such is the nature of man, which has become the progenitor of modern dance. With the development of mankind, many types of dances began to appear, which became more and more diverse and refined. This kind of creativity develops, and sow the day. Contemporary dance is self-expression through rhythmic movements and emotional delivery to music. In this article, let's look at what dances are.
Ballroom dancing is a group of diverse dances performed in pairs. They, in turn, are divided into two programs: Latin American and European. Let's take a closer look at what kind of dances are in this group:
- Waltz - this dance, which gained its popularity at the end of the 18th century, in Europe, provoking violent protest from conservative Englishmen. Until that time, the woman and the man had never embraced in the dance. However, this dance survived the persecution, having crushed everyone with its grace and beauty.Today, the waltz is considered a classic, and its varieties are included in the European program of ballroom dancing.
- Viennese Waltz is a very sophisticated ballroom dance, which has been very popular in Europe for many years. He is a member of the European Ballroom Dancing Program. This dance includes seven figures alternating with each other.
- 3. Argentine tango - combines a dozen different styles of performance. Initially, this dance gained its popularity in Argentina, and then throughout the world. Argentine tango is a very lively and emotional dance, and one of its varieties is constantly used in the ball program.
- Quickstep is a ballroom dance, which is mandatory in the European program. Quickstep or Fast Foxtrot combines the dancers' sliding steps, jumps, tilts and a quick change of poses. It is a dance with a very lively rhythm, requiring mobility and lightness from dancers, has a 4/4 musical size.
- Rumba is a ballroom dance, originally from Cuba, making up a Latin American program. Its features are smooth, sensual and erotic movements, as well as wide steps characteristic of this dance.
- Foxtrot - this dance is included in the European ball program, starting with C class.He appeared in the United States in 1912 and is named after Harry Fox. Foxtrot is characterized by alternating slow and fast steps, creating a large number of different variations. This dance is considered difficult to perform, due to the complex nature of the movements.
- Cha-cha-cha is a Cuban dance that makes up a Latin American program in ballroom dancing. Fast, fun, playful dance, is considered the youngest of all in the program, and is performed starting from class N. Having learned several movements of this incendiary dance, you can pleasantly surprise and please all your friends and loved ones.
Folk dance is folklore, performed in certain traditions characteristic of the area, having certain costumes, music and movements. Varieties or styles of dancing are very diverse, differing from each other in historical significance. Any folk dance began its formation in the distant past, under the influence of the traditions of its people. Let's take a closer look at what dances in this group are:
- Hopak is a famous and very common Ukrainian dance, which has a musical size of 2/4.He dances very energetically and defiantly, with crouches, swings and trick elements. Mandatory attribute of this dance are men's bloomers.
- A quadrille is a Russian dance performed in pairs. It gained its greatest popularity in the 19th century. The founder of this dance is considered to be the French quadrille, which has spread throughout the world. Today there are several varieties of this dance, for example: Ukrainian, Russian, French and Latin American quadrille.
- Gigue is a very old dance, originally performed on the accompaniment of a violin in Western Europe. At first, the size of this dance was 4/4, later various variations began to appear, for example 6/8. Gigue is considered to be a dance of Irish peasants, mostly performed by feet, later this dance was adopted by English sailors.
- Tarantella is an Italian folk dance performed in a pair or solo. He is very elegant, rhythmic, graceful, performed with an accelerating pace and has a hot, Italian character.
- Mazurka is a Polish, very rhythmic dance with a very fast pace. It originated from the Polish peasants, and in the 19th century spread throughout Europe.
- Bolero is a passionate Spanish dance that originated in the 18th century in Spain. Traditionally, the melody for him is performed on the guitar using castanets.
- Kankan is a very energetic dance that originated in France in the early 20th century. At one time, was considered an obscene dance, not publicly performed. However, the cancan gradually turned into a comic and very funny dance. Bright smiles and incendiary music loved by viewers from different countries.
- Polka is a folk dance that appeared in the Czech Republic in the 19th century and has a size of 2/4. The name of the dance comes from the Czech word - half, thanks to the small steps performed in the dance.
The most popular trends of folk dance today are Oriental dance and Spanish flamenco. There are many dance schools in which these dances are very popular.
Modern choreography is characterized by a large variety of directions. Plastic movements, rhythmic music, expressive emotions are embodied in modern dance. Let's take a closer look at some of the popular dance styles.
- Break is a street dance originated in New York. It is generally accepted that this dance is divided into upper and lower breaks. The performance requires dexterity and good physical training, as well as a good sense of rhythm and plasticity.
- Hip hop - today is the most popular dance in youth culture. Street philosophy supplemented this dance with some elements of a break, jazz, pop. A characteristic feature of it are improvisation and experiments.
- Jazz is a harmonious blending of diverse dance styles. It originated from indigenous African-American dance in the 20th century. The dance is performed to jazz music, both solo and in a group.
In addition to the main dance styles that we have considered, there are very young and recently emerged modern dance styles that are already very popular among young people: go-go, tile and strip plastic.
What is an account?
How to make figures from balls
Who do all married men want
How to cut a cascade
How to determine blood type
In which bank to open an account