Watch the video
Burn. We do not even imagine how often it can be obtained. As a prevention of burns you should use your bright head and avoid traumatic areas and devices. Our article today is about how to behave properly in a burn situation. Let's figure it out together.
What to do with a burn?
Best of all, if you get a burn, you will not be alone. One should not overlook the fact that after receiving any injury, a person feels a painful shock, which can lead to various kinds of inadequate actions and, accordingly, undesirable consequences.
Here is what the first aid for a burn victim is:
- The first thing to do is to remove the object that has caused harm to a person. You may think that this is quite reasonable, and every normal person will immediately remove the dangerous object away from our poor fellow. But in an emergency situation, which, as usual, no one expects, you can just get confused and forget about this action. So, the first thing we do - remove the dangerous object from the victim.Well, or remove the victim from a dangerous object.
- The next action that must be performed, for example, with boiling water burns is cooling the place of the burn. When receiving a burn of the first and second degree, it is necessary to cool the wound in running water. Keep the burn site under the tap for 10-15 minutes. If the burn is more serious and belongs to the third and fourth degree, then you need to use other methods of cooling. Apply a clean, wet dressing to the site of the burn. Type in a basin or other convenient container cool water. Dip the spot of the burn with a bandage in the basin. Need to wait some time.
- After the procedures described above, it is necessary to apply a wet dressing to the place of the burn.
- After a burn, remove excess items and objects from the victim. We are talking about watches, clothes, chains, bracelets and so on. It is necessary to cut off the stuck clothes on the burn. Do not tear the fabric from the place of the burn!
- The victim needs to ensure rest and try to help him overcome the shock post-traumatic condition.
It should be noted that these actions described above are necessary in any burn situation.That is, if you burn with an iron or a stove, you need to act in the same way.
Sometimes it happens that a person who is under the influence of a painful shock may incorrectly diagnose his condition. In addition, it is imperative to correctly determine the degree of burn in order to apply adequate measures to minimize its effects. That is why you need to know about the symptoms of a burn. So:
- The first symptom is pain. Any person who does not have problems with pain thresholds, easily feel the burn. This will be expressed in the form of sharp severe pain.
- 1 degree of burn is characterized by redness of the skin.
- Grade 2 - the appearance of blisters on the affected area of the body.
- Grade 3 burns manifest as burst blisters and wounds.
- Well, the 4th degree of burn is the charring of a part of the body and the complete lack of sensitivity on it.
As in any case concerning the health and care of a person, you need to know what not to do. Let us turn to information that does not allow us to behave incorrectly in the event of a burn, for example, with a fit. So:
- In no case should not grease the place of a burn with any kind of cream, oil, ointment, protein and so on.
- It should also not cause foam (panthenol) on the recently burned areas of the victim.
- Never rip clothing that has stuck to a burn.
- In no case is it recommended to pierce blisters. This can lead to blood poisoning.
- Do not urinate on the burn. There is a myth that tells that urine has healing properties. Even if this is the case, it will not help in the case of a burn.
Also, remember that it is best to provide professionals with the salvation of a person. Call an ambulance if:
- the area of the burn of the victim is a total of five human palms (one human palm is 1% of the total area of the body);
- a child or an elderly person got burned;
- third degree burn;
- burned inguinal region;
- head, nose, respiratory tract, eyes;
- Both limbs were burned.
It is worth mentioning that it is necessary to undertake if eyes were exposed to a burn. It is necessary to apply analgesics. Drip for the eyelids a solution of dicainum (0.25% - 0.5%), novocaine (4% - 5%), lidocaine, albucide (10% - 30%), levomycetin (0.2%). Immediately take the victim to a hospital.
Here, this is how you need to behave in case of a burn. All these tips will help with minor burns. For example, when you burn a finger.Remember, your safety depends on you. Be attentive to yourself and your loved ones. Do not abuse alcohol near hazardous items, since it is alcohol that often causes burns and sometimes death.
Stylish and comfortable wedding shoes are a reality (12 photos)
Separate food as a way of life
How to remove the car radio
How to name the store
Shyness: how to get rid
Quiz: Find out if you are a perfectionist or not