What is there to gain mass?
Enter your body in the so-called anabolic regime, when the muscles after training begin to grow much faster, not so difficult. This, of course, only about ways that do not harm the body. So, so that the muscles grow in leaps and bounds, experts recommend a strict proper diet. Here's what to eat to gain weight.
- Proteins: beef, legumes, chicken, protein powder concentrates, fish, low-fat dairy products - cottage cheese, cheese, milk and yogurt. The goal is to gain at least 2 grams of protein per kilogram of weight. And in one sitting all the protein can not be eaten. For a single meal, the body can absorb a maximum of 40 g of the substance. Therefore, food rich in protein will need to be divided into 5-6 receptions during the day.
- Carbohydrates: vegetables, cereals and fruits, special carbohydrate powder concentrates - that's what you eat to gain weight. That carbohydrates are the main source of energy in the body. If you do not eat them together with proteins, then the effect of the diet will not be: the body simply does not have enough energy to break down proteins and strengthened training.Here is another nuance: the amount of accumulated calories depends on the amount of carbohydrates consumed, which in turn show how much energy a person has spent. So, in order to gain muscle mass, you need to accumulate more calories than you spend. Famous bodybuilder Dorian Yats suggests starting with 350-500 g of carbohydrates per day and controlling muscle growth by weight. If the weight stays in place, it means that the body does not have enough calories and should include an additional 100 g of carbohydrates in the diet. Carbohydrate meals include pasta, mashed potatoes, raisins, rice, honey, oatmeal cookies, pancakes, baking apples, and ripe bananas.
- Fat They help muscle cells absorb glucose, that is, accumulate more "fuel" for the growth potential of each cell. Professionals claim that it is fat that supplies approximately 15% of the total daily calories in the body. For example, in meat fat up to 48%, which is why it is so important in the diet of an athlete. Nutritionists advise the main bias to do on fats of plant origin, with the exception of fish oil (Omega 3 fats), which is extremely useful.It is found in salmon, sardines and mackerel. These dishes should be eaten at least 2 times a week. For heavy workouts, eat 1-2 eggs each morning.
What you need to gain weight: general recommendations on nutrition
- Do not abuse artificial vitamins, proteins and carbohydrates in powders. Recent studies have shown that it is in natural plant food contains a large number of new compounds - the so-called phytochemicals. They contain antioxidants and prevent the development of complex and serious diseases - cancer, tuberculosis, nervous and skin diseases. That is why the daily menu of a bodybuilder should include 2-3 servings of vegetables and the same amount of fruit. In winter, fresh-frozen berries are added to yogurt, cocktail or oatmeal. Rice and pasta can be “diluted” with stewed cabbage, mushrooms, onions and sweet peppers.
- After training, professionals advise to supplement the body with “fast” carbohydrates - those that are absorbed into the blood immediately after ingestion: raisins, bagels and honey. For example, well-known athlete Jay Cutler saturates himself with carbohydrates while still in the locker room: he takes a box of rice mixed with honey and raisins to the gym.He advises to use 1.5 g of carbohydrates per kilogram of its own weight. But the protein after exercise is better to use whey. It is quickly absorbed by the muscles.
- It is better to break your diet into frequent snacks. In small doses, the necessary substances are absorbed into the body completely and at the same time provide a constant flow of amino acids.
- It is recommended to drink daily a drink of 1 gram of vitamin C and 1200 m. Vitamin E. These vitamins destroy the free radicals harmful to health, which accumulate during sports training.
- Immediately after training, along with carbon products, experts advise taking glutamine and creatine. These nutritional supplements increase stamina and have a great effect on the immune system.
These are only general recommendations on what to eat to gain mass. Ideally, be sure to adjust the diet with a trainer and nutritionist.
Christmas toys with a surprise
Help cope with enuresis
7 jewelry like a real princess
How to choose a ski
Fancy Knitted Earrings