Why a lot of urine?
Normally, a healthy person produces about 1.5 liters of urine per day. As a rule, people urinate 5-6 times a day, the largest volume of fluid is released during the daytime. If a person notes a significant increase in the amount of daily urine, he needs to tell his doctor about it.
Polyuria - an increase in the amount of urine. Its volume can exceed 2 liters, and in very severe cases - 3 liters per day. It occurs in various diseases, and also has other causes and is temporary.
Possible causes of polyuria
Diseases as causes of polyuria:
- some kidney diseases (chronic pyelonephritis, renal failure, polycystic kidney disease, Barter syndrome, hydronephrosis);
- diabetes mellitus (the content of glucose in the urine increases its density, as can be seen in the analysis);
- diabetes insipidus (it is a rare disease in which the pituitary or hypothalamus is impaired, its symptom is polyuria).
Non-pathological causes of polyuria
If you have a lot of urine, the reasons may not only be in the disease.Here is what promotes the formation of large amounts of urine:
- There will be a lot of urine if the swelling starts to subside too quickly.
- In addition, if a person consumed too much alcohol or caffeine, then urine formation will be increased.
- Most pregnant women say that they have a lot of urine. No wonder, because the enlarged uterus puts tremendous pressure on the bladder.
- The use of diuretic drugs will increase the amount of daily urine. Toxic substances, namely ethanol, amphotericin, demeclocycline, lithium, propoxyphene, methoxyflurane, also cause its increase.
- There are also particular reasons why a person gets a lot of urine. These include: feeding a patient through a tube, administering urea intravenously.
To distinguish pathology from physiological changes, the doctor conducts a test with fluid deprivation. And then prescribe the appropriate treatment or make recommendations to eliminate the temporary problem.
How people think
How to put a child on the street
What is the activator
How to store tea
What to do if you do not want to grow up
How to Clean Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Appliances
Rope in the interior: stylish ideas and practical things
Stove for bath