Why is the stove blowing cold air?
Watch the video
There are a number of reasons why the stove in a car is blowing cold air. In this case, not all of them are associated with faults in the car. In this article we will try to touch upon the whole list of factors that affect the temperature of the air from the stove.
Proper operation of the stove
It is necessary to understand the principle of operation of the stove in the car, to know whether it works well or not.
- First of all, you should know that if there is a frost outside the window, then your stove in the car will not heat the air in the cabin earlier than in 10-15 minutes of continuous engine operation. This is natural, because the motor itself is not warmed up;
- Do not leave the stove on at a long stop. After 15 minutes, it will blow cold air. Yes, and the engine completely cool;
- Cars with a small engine warms up more slowly. Consequently, the stove will later begin to produce streams of warm air;
- It should also be borne in mind that before the air in the cabin warms up, the plastic from which the car’s components are made must warm up.
Without taking into account all these nuances, many drivers mistakenly conclude that their stove in the cold does not work well, it heats up slowly and blows cold air for a long time. In fact, this is normal.
Technical problems with the stove
But often there are technical problems, because of which the stove can blow cold air.
- The first reason is a problem with the thermostat. In this case, the stove may work well in the city, for example, but “cool down” on the highway. The solution is to replace the thermostat.
- Filter clogging in the cabin. In the case of clogging warm air just nowhere to come. The simplest solution is to replace the old cabin filter.
- Paradoxically, cold air can flow from the stove if coolant is leaked. In this case, air enters the small circuit of the cooling system. To remove it from there, it is necessary to lift the front of the car, open the radiator cap and the expansion tank, start the engine and, pouring antifreeze into the tank, make several progazovok. You need to be very careful and take care of your hands, because the antifreeze can splash.
- A malfunction of the stove may be due to the failure of the heat-cold regulator. It is located on the dashboard. The regulator, as a rule, looks like a lever or castor. The principle of operation is to switch the hopper tap with the help of a thrust or cable, which ensures the flow of warm or cold air into the cabin. Self repair in winter time ends, as a rule, at the stage when the crane itself is under the hood and switching it to the “warm” state so that warm air starts to flow into the salon through the stove. In the summer, you can completely restore the mechanism. If we are talking about a car filled with electronics, the repair may be more time consuming.
- The reason for the poor performance of the stove can be not only the pollution of the filter, but also the pollution of the radiator itself. Usually, the internal cavity of the radiator is contaminated when using low quality antifreeze or water (in the summer). The most radical way to solve the heater problem in this case is to replace the heater radiator. If you want to do without a significant financial investment, you can try to clean the heater radiator yourself by washing with a solution of citric acid (50 grams per 1 liter of warm water).
How to check Russian lotto
How do gypsies live
How to make glue
What kind of car to buy for 180,000 rubles
My new old kitchen
A small table in the living room